I offer various services to optimise your software delivery pipeline and get your software engineering effort refocused on solving customer problems.
I like to engage with clients in the following ways:
- An initial discovery session to understand what challenges your software engineering organisation is facing. This will be summarised and shared with you.
- Building you a plan – a follow-up session to dive into the picture more closely and start to come up with ideas for areas of improvement.
- At this point, you can decide how you want to proceed. You can either take away what we’ve worked on up to that point and run with it yourselves or continue to work with me on the implementation.
- If I can’t help you directly due to time commitments or if I feel someone else is a better fit – I will help you find those people.
Whatever the engagement, I promise you’ll get clarity on improving the quality and speed of your software delivery.
Examples of other types of typical engagements:
- A 1-hour Tech & Teams discovery session providing an external insight into your current engineering organisation as a basis for creating a short-term strategy. The output will be a shared (Miro) diagram and a short (under five-page) write-up of the shared understanding and goals for the future.
- A DevOps Shakedown. In-depth examination of tooling and process to check fit for your organisation’s and team’s needs. The output will be a report for recommended actions to improve quality, speed and accuracy (improving flow) and developer experience.
- Teams and Architecture Strategy Mapping: understanding team dynamics and the relationship to your chosen architecture.