Who am I?
- Consulting DevOps engineer and writer.
- Enterprise solutions creator from high-volume banking and insurance accounting applications to DevOps cloud infrastructures.
- Entrepreneur in music software, reverse-engineering tools, mobile apps, IoT solutions and more.
- Open-source contributor since 1995.
- Writes about human aspects of engineering, socio-technical systems and building happy DevOps organizations
I work with organizations, teams and individuals to tackle DevOps and development constraints, architecture limitations, approaches to testing, CI/CD and DevOps tooling and implementation. As a believer in Conway’s Law, I help software delivery by paying attention to organizational and architectural constraints and encouraging healthy individual relationships.
What do I do?
I work with DevOps and Development teams to:
- Correctly scope the team’s work and responsibilities.
- Identify the toolset and skills required.
- Encourage experimentation and innovation.
- Identify bottlenecks to intra and extra-team interactions.
- Provide individual support and guidance to encourage growth and ownership.
- A no-nonsense, human approach to ‘software best practices’ means less dogma, more pragma.
I currently help organise the Fast Flow meetup group in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Want to work with me?
I work with clients of all shapes and sizes. You can look at this page for more information and opportunities for consultation or engagement.