I write regularly about doing effective, essential human DevOps engineering. I dive into the human factors that make successful DevOps organizations and the teams and platforms at the heart of your socio-technical systems. From personal development to mental health, to leadership and team setup. Discussing maximizing performance through organisation, tools and techniques.
Have a taste
Sounds interesting? Then check out some of my blog articles for a flavour of the kind of things I talk about. You can also see some of my most popular posts below for a taste and be sure to check out the full archive.
- Too Busy To Do It RightDevOps transformations can often become a checklist of tools and processes we need to assemble, like so much Ikea furniture. But DevOps is not a kit of things you can apply to your organisation. It’s a… Read More »Too Busy To Do It Right
- Can Our Decisions Always Work Out for the Best?Or “No Correct Solutions: How Engineering Actually Happens” I’m currently training for a marathon, so I’m out at stupid-o-clock in the morning to get in a training run before work. However, this gives me time to… Read More »Can Our Decisions Always Work Out for the Best?
- The Value of Socially Driven ArchitectureEven if it seems like the right thing to do, just putting people to work is not always the most effective way of improving your systems. Can we start to understand the value of a more… Read More »The Value of Socially Driven Architecture
- Building Resilience: How to form lasting psychological safetyThis is the first of a two-part post about building individual resilience in software engineering. Today is Blue Monday. According to experts this is mentally the toughest day of the year for knowledge workers in the… Read More »Building Resilience: How to form lasting psychological safety
- 10 ways to Lead with Kindness in 2024When we return from a vacation, it’s easy to get overwhelmed quickly and forget our good intentions. This year, make a promise to yourself not to get caught up in the details. Make a promise to… Read More »10 ways to Lead with Kindness in 2024